Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Time, the confidence builder

I ran 3 sets of intervals today: 10 minutes of running, 2 of walking. I ran in town from my in-laws and was amazed at the distance I covered. It's different than when I'm running up and down my highway. I thought I'd be shy to run in front of people, particularly if I saw someone I knew but time has built up my confidence. I did see several people I worked with, but I felt good not embarrassed.

I find it interesting that 10 years I bought a bikini, wore it once and decided I looked horrible. I bought a bikini last week and I flounce all over the beach in it feeling hot. I would love to have the body I did 10 years ago. I think it's because any imperfections now I can say, Hey! I had 2 kids. I think I look good for having grown 2 big babies. And once again, time has increased my confidence. I feel more sure of myself at nearly 32 than I did at 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment